Diamond engagement rings are known as a tradition, even some people think of it as customary. There is no engagement without diamond rings. Diamond engagement rings are not cheap rings. It is very expensive actually. It is known as a very valuable jewelry for women. And every woman must be dreaming about their diamond. Some women may never think to have it and how it costs before. And they will be surprised about the cost. Although it is very expensive, diamond engagement ring is still the most favorable. Therefore we need to understand thoroughly how to choose the precise diamond engagement rings.
Shape of the Diamond on the Engagement Rings
You can choose the best shape of diamond on your engagement rings. The diamond shapes depend on how the woman will fit the rings. Every woman has different taste or preference for the shape of diamond. So, these are ten shapes of diamond you can choose
- Round shapes; this shape of diamond has circle surface.
- Princess-cut shapes; this shape of diamond has square surface.
- Emerald-cut shapes; this shape of diamond has rectangular surface with rounded corners.
- Asscher-cut shapes; this shape of diamond has square surface with cut corners.
- Marquise-cut shapes; this shape of diamond has surface lookalike eye.
- Oval shapes; this shape of diamond has ellipse surface.
- Radiant-cut shapes; this shape of diamond has rectangular surface but a different corners with Asscher-cut.
- Pear-cut shapes; this shape of diamond has surface lookalike pear.
- Heart-cut shapes; this shape of diamond has surface lookalike heart.
- Cushion-cut shapes; this shape of diamond has nearly round surface.
The Carat Size of the Diamond on Engagement Rings
Diamond has different carat size with the overall rings size. You can choose your diamond carat size depend on your budget. Please keep in mind, that different carat size result in different size of the diamond. Beside that, the smaller the carat size got, the cheaper the diamond priced.
These are five different carat sizes you can choose from.
- 5 Carat result in diameter between 5.0 to 5.3 mm
- 75 Carat result in diameter between 5.8 to 6.0 mm
- 0 Carat result in diameter between 6.0 to 6.7 mm
- 5 Carat result in diameter between 7.0 to 7.7 mm
- 0 Carat result in diameter between 7.8 to 8.4 mm
4 Cs to Choose Your Diamond Engagement Rings
In buying diamond engagement rings, there are four Cs criteria you should keep in mind. These four Cs will help you to find the best ring matching with you. Now, we will know more about them one by one.
- First C is cut. You need to examine the cut of diamond very thoroughly. The cut will influence the overall appearance of the diamond rings. You need to find the ideal cut by looking how the light sparkles within the diamond. If the cut was to shallow, the light will not sparkle brightly out of the top diamond. More light will escape from the bottom. Next, if the cut is too deep, the light will escape from the side.
- Second C is color. The color of the diamond represents its quality. The less color the diamond has, the higher the diamond will cost because the diamond is in very good grade. So, diamond grade depends on its lack of color.
- Third C is clarity. The clarity is referring to the imperfections of diamonds. The smallest imperfections it has, the highest grade of the clarity has. But this grade of clarity did not affect overall appearance of the diamond.
- Fourth C is carat. As mention before, carat is the diamond unit size. It is important for you to determine your needed carat. Don’t mistake it with the proportion of the size of the ring. Because it may be lower in carat but have higher grade. Because the most important thing that determine the grade of the diamond is actually the cut.
That is every aspect of diamond engagement rings you need to know. May this article could help you to choose the right engagement ring. And may your engagement will be blessed till your wedding day.